About the Friends of Hocking Hills State Park
The Friends of the Hocking Hills State Park is a non-profit (501c3) membership organization for people who love the Hocking Hills and take special interest in improving Park features and preserving it for the enjoyment of future generations. Through fundraising and helping hands, the Friends work directly with the State Park staff to oversee a wide range of projects at the Park. Our Friends group is a member of the Friends for the Preservation of Ohio State Parks.
The Friends Mission Statement is “To foster a partnership between outdoor enthusiasts and Hocking Hills State Park that ensures a better place for nature education, while setting high conservation standards and raising a strong sense of responsibility for future generations.”
The goals of the Friends group are set high. The Friends have funded rope rescue safety equipment, playground equipment in the campground, a new archery range, and a butterfly habitat. These improvements have been made without state funds or fees to users, through the generosity of people just like you who love the area and have donated to the Friends of the Hocking Hills. Future goals include the construction of an impressive Astronomy Education Center to be built at the Hocking Hills State Park Lodge.
Since 2003, the Friends of Hocking Hills have donated over $250,000 in projects and funds to the Hocking Hills State Parks.
* Donated Park Safety Rope Rescue Safety Equipment
* Donated Playground Equipment in Old Man’s Cave Campground
* Donated a Gator (All terrain vehicle)
* Constructed a New Archery range
* Constructed a Wildlife Viewing Blind at Rose Lake
* Constructed a Butterfly Habitat and Gardens at Old Man’s Cave
* Constructed Raptor Cages
* Supported Naturalist Programs
* Supported Live Animal Care
* Funded a Study and Sponsored the Relocation of State Route 664 at Old Man’s Cave
* Funded the Printing of Campground Maps
* Funded Statewide Volunteers in Parks Annual Campout
* Funded a Feasibility Study for an Astronomy Education Center
* Funded Updates to the Old Man’s Cave Visitor Center
Your membership makes a difference!
Board of Directors
Jerry Jividen, President
Jennifer Starkey , Vice-President
Jennifer Allen Mitchell, Secretary
Greg Kidwell, Treasurer
Curt Partee, Manager
Robin Donnelly, Program Manager
Karen Raymore, Executive Director
Ex-Officio Board Members
The Friends of the Hocking Hills State Park has opportunities for members to get involved in the leadership and planning committees. The following committees are available:
- Member Events
- Public Awareness
- Fund Raising
- Astronomy Education Center
- Poker Runs
- Shoot the Hills
If you are interested in one of the above committees or serving on the Board of Directors, please complete the Volunteer Form or contact Jerry Jividen, President at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 403-4477.
Board Only Login
Todd and Miriam Poling receive Friend of the Year Award. Ohio State Parks Assistant Cheif Jon Dobney praised the group for its accomplishments. Mac Albin, Franklin County Metro Parks shared the water life and more of Clear Creek Metro Park.Complete Story »